Rita Farr is a former actress who was exposed to a toxic gas which altered her cellular structure - which allows her to stretch her body, but also causes it to deform. She was eventually collected by Niles Caulder to live with others in his house.
At some point in time, Rita was a renowned actress. She was kept an institution for decades after a toxic gas left her cells unstable. She was eventually rescued by Niles Caulder. Rita soon after came to live with him and a number of others in his house.
Living at the Caulder house
As of 2018, Gar brought home a friend, Rachel Roth, who dined with them. During the middle of dinner, Rita face began to droop, much to her embarrassment. However, Rachel comforted her and reassured her that she wasn't at all afraid of her. Dr. Caulder suddenly appeared, having brought in a new subject, Shyleen Lao. Rita and the others assisted on the patient, bringing her temperature up to regular levels, her body having frozen all over. Shortly following, they had tea as Dr. Caulder explained all of them to Rachel. Sometime after, Dick Grayson and Kory Anders entered their home, causing Rita to lose control and scream at them to leave. However, Dick helped to save Rachel, and so Rita urged Gar to go with their cohort, hugging him goodbye.
Powers and abilities
- Metahuman physiology: While on walking on a bridge, Rita was exposed to an unknown gas, mutating her biology.
- Physical manipulation/elasticity: Although she is unable to control it, Rita's appearance is able to change, making her skin and body appear stretched, drooped or bloated. This occurred due to Rita being exposed to a toxic gas that left her cells unstable.
- Longevity: Rita's physiology seems to have stalled her aging as she looks exactly the same now as she did decades ago.
- Skilled actor: Rita, being a renowned actress, possess exceptional acting skills.
Behind the scenes
- In the comics, Rita Farr aka Elasti-Girl is an actress and former olympic swimmer. She is a founding member of the Doom Patrol and gained her elasticity when exposed to volcanic gas on a film shoot. Her first appearance in the comics was My Greatest Adventure #80 (June, 1963).