- For the episode of the same name, see Blackfire.
Queen Komand'r, also known as Blackfire, is a former member of the Titans and left for Tamaran. She is also the younger sister of Koriand'r and the true Queen of Tamaran after having her own parents murdered when staging a coup against her own people.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Powers and abilities
- 3 Equipment
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Behind the scenes
- 7 References
Komand'r was the second child of King Myand'r and Queen Luand'r, in either 1994 or 1995. Like the rest of her lineage, she had the royal ability of fire. Prior to Komand'r's birth, King Myand'r had deceptively declared that Komand'r's older sister, Koriand'r, had been born with fire abilities and thus was the rightful successor to the throne to dissuade revolution from challengers. In order to maintain the deception, the king had ordered a Tamaranean priestess to magically take the fire abilities from Komand'r and give it to Koriand'r.
Due to the elaborate lie created by her father, Komand'r endured a rather unfair childhood with her sister. Both sisters grew up in a royal family and lived customarily privileged lives, complete with servants. Despite this, Blackfire did not feel loved by her family or people. She had difficulties making friends and was often made fun of, especially by her sister.
Because the royal ability to absorb and project fire was secretly removed from her, she was often underestimated and spent a majority of her life in her sister's shadow. There was also a time when she found out about Kory's relationship with a royal guard, Faddei, and nearly had him castrated.
The search for Koriand'r
Following the high demand that her sister claim the throne, Blackfire sent Faddei to Earth to retrieve Kory and bring her back to Tamaran. When the mission became prolonged due to unknown circumstances, Blackfire took matters into her own hands using deadly Tamaranean-tech to possess Faddei's body. Imposing as Faddei, Blackfire attempted to convince Kory to return to Tamaran to possibly rule as queens together. Eventually, Blackfire was discovered, which ultimately caused the mercy killing of Faddei. She revealed that she claimed the throne for herself and murdered their parents. Claiming she now found her own family, she welcomed Kory's threats.
Arrival on Earth
After a human woman puts her kids in the car and prepares to put her groceries in the trunk, Blackfire uses tamaranean-tech to possess her body. As the woman's body started morphing into Blackfire, a man was going to tell her about the cart, only to be punched back by her fist, then she makes her eyes glow lavender for a moment before she walks away with an evil smile. 
Some time ago, she was pulled out of the human woman's body and taken to a laboratory of the miltary to be used for experiments by Earth's scientists, despite that she would live much longer than any of her captors due to her longevity as a Taamranean. Even though she was greatly wakened, she still managed to psionically send messages to her younger sister.
Joining the Titans
Romace With Superboy
Powers and abilities
- Tamaranean Physiology: Komand’r possesses all of the various superhuman attributes common among the Tamaraneans, including extraordinary strength, durability and accelerated healing. Like the rest of the royal bloodline, she was born with the ability to absorb solar radiation and store it within her body for later use. However, this power was magically taken from her and given to Koriand'r when they were very young. When Koriand'r tried to use the fire to heal Komand'r, the spell was broken and the abilities returned to its rightful owner.
- Superhuman strength: Due to her Tamaranean physiology, Blackfire possesses superhuman strength, as she can overpower beings of lesser or equivalent power with relative ease. Blackfire was able to effortlessly swat away a human man who was approaching her.
- Superhuman durability: Due to her Tamaranean physiology, Blackfire has greater durability and physical endurance than any human.
- Regenerative healing factor: Due to her Tamaranean physiology, Blackfire's body can heal and recover from injuries much faster than a human.
- Ultraviolet energy absorption: Blackfire's cells act as miniaturized solar/ultraviolet energy-receptors which are designed to harness the plasma and energy expulsions released by the Sun and metabolizes the energy into usable forms.
- Opti-chromatic Shifting: Like most Tamaraneans, Blackfire has the ability to make her eyes glow. Unlike other Tamaraneans whose eyes glow green, Blackfire's eyes glow lavender.
- Extra-Sensory Perception: Blackfire can telepathically call out to other Tamaraneans, which she used to induce sleepwalking-like trances on Starfire to lead the Titan to the prison Blackfire was kept in.
- Disruptive frequency: When threatened by a sleepwalking Koriand'r at Wayne Manor, Blackfire was able to project a high-pitched wave from her body that temporarily neutralized Starfire's starbolts as well as waking her from her trance.
Other Natural Abilities
- Master Combatant: Komand'r has shown high levels of combat skills, she was able to give her sister Koriand'r a good fight, despite the latter losing the battle. She was able to subdue to Garfield Logan with relative ease. Her fighting style resembles Capoeira, Muay Thai, Karate, and Jiujutsu.
- Master Tactician: As Queen of Tamaran, Blackfire is a skilled leader being able to lead her kind. When trying to tracking Jonathan Crane, she suggested to integrate the lower level thugs of Gotham, which turned up useful information in the process.
- Intimidator: Due to Blackfire's status, she commands an extremely terrifying presence, instilling fear into enemies and allies.
- Powers Instability: Unlike most of her family, Komand’r could not absorb ultraviolet radiation and project it as purple "royal fire" for most of her life due to a magic spell. She neutralizes this once reabsorbing the powerful Tamaranean abilities that were rightfully hers from Starfire.
- Battle Suit: Komand’r has a silver and black suit that stores pure ultravioet energy in two bracelets which also amplifies her ultraviolet energy-projecting abilities tenfold.
- She had a speech therapist named Lexi.
- This version of her is the younger sister of Starfire
- She was the first royal sibling born with the royal fire
- She loves the color purple.
- Her original way to earth shown in the Season 2 finale was retconned in Season 3.
- Shes’ still somewhat naive to earth’s customs.
- Unlike her animated counterparts, her relationship with Starfire is somewhat closer and more open after learning the truth about their deceased parents.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Princess Komand'r is the older sister of Starfire and a villain of the Teen Titans.
- Gorenberg, Jamie, Hill, Bryan Edward (writers) & Banker, Carol (director) (October 14, 2021). "". Titans. Season 3. Episode 12. HBO Max.
- Coggins, Stephanie (writer) & Shelton, Millicent (director) (August 19, 2021). "". Titans. Season 3. Episode 4. HBO Max.
- Thomas, Jeffrey David (writer) & Mojsovski, Boris (director) (November 1, 2019). "". Titans. Season 2. Episode 9. DC Universe.
- Tancharoen, Kevin (writer) & Pabst, Tom (director) (September 20, 2019). "". Titans. Season 2. Episode 3. DC Universe.
- Hatem, Richard, Walker, Greg (writers) & Banker, Carol (director) (November 29, 2019). "". Titans. Season 2. Episode 13. DC Universe.