- "No retreat, no surrender!"
Working with the Titans
Garth joined the Titans as Aqualad in 2014. He was on the team for four months, during which he aided in capturing criminals and played a big role in defeating Dr. Light. During his time with the Titans, he developed romantic feelings for Donna Troy. During one New Years Eve at the Hall of Justice, Donna was convinced she could find Nemo despite the cold. Garth followed her to the nearest body of water and used his telepathy to call a clownfish to make her happy.
Garth learned that Donna was to return to Themyscira, and was infuriated with her for not telling him, despite the fact that they slept together. He confronted Donna at the airport, where they both admitted their love for each other. Shortly after, however, Deathstroke ambushed them, firing a bullet at the both of them. Hearing the bullet, Garth took the hit dead-on in the chest, protecting Donna, but at the cost of his own life.
Garth was a kind, fun-loving individual. While he could be seen as a troublemaker or reckless, he was also, in a way, the heart of his team.
Garth also held a great love toward Donna Troy, ever since the two were kids, displaying not only through the way he treated her but also by doing things focused on her happiness, such as leaving her a clownfish because she wanted to find the character Nemo. This same love made him sacrifice his life to protect the woman he loved with all his heart.
While a recent member of the Titans, Garth already felt that he was an important part of the team and that the other members were his family.
- Atlantean physiology: Like all atlanteans, Garth possessed various inhuman feats, such as superhuman strength, durability and reflexes.
- Superhuman durability: Garth had greater physical resistance than a normal human. He was able to resist the light rays of Arthur Light for quite some time. However, he was not bulletproof (at least with high-caliber rounds), this being his ultimate cause of death.
- Superhuman reflexes: As an Atlantean, Garth's reflexes were far greater than a normal human, able to catch a beer bottle in mid-air before Hank did. He was also able to block Arthur Light's blasts in time.
- Hydrokinesis: Garth had the ability to manipulate the bodies of water around him. He was able to use them to create jets of water strong enough to throw a grown man a fair distance.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Garth, also known as Aqualad, is the sidekick of Aquaman and later he becames Tempest and is replaced by Jackson Hyde. Whether this relationship is true for the show has yet to be said. However, seeing as how Jason listed Garth when referring to the Titans as all sidekicks, it can be assumed this is the case for the show.